Saturday, July 15, 2017

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS



Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Oh Lord, we live in a world that is constantly moving.  Being still almost feels wasteful.  But I know that downtime is exactly what You want from us.  But You say, be still, pray, listen instead of jumping into action and hoping things will work out.  Spend time with Me and let me direct your next move.  Lord, let this be my daily prayer.  I love You.  Amen.

May your Sunday be a day to take time to be still, listen, and smell the roses.  Blessings!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heartwarming message, greetings and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wanda. I love my quiet time with God. Just being still and looking at the sky, makes me feel better. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are words I needed to hear. Thank you, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shared one of my favorite scriptures, Wanda, I committed this to memory, and tied to obey it many years ago, while going through a very trying time in my life, it sustained me and continues to do so! Thank you for sharing, have a blessed weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good one... I think He does want us to rest more than we know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still. Pray. Listen.
    I desperately need to heed these words. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes- I have a hard time being 'still' and 'waiting'. I believe in prayer and know that everything is in God's time but, being a person of action, I sometimes try to do things in my own time. Not good--definitely not good!
    Have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, one of my favorite verses and one that I have seen a lot in the last year is "Be Still And Know That I Am God." I'm always springing in action when problems surface, taking care of this and that, but sometimes it's nice to just be still knowing that our Father will take care of everything.

    Have a peaceful weekend, dear.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)